Besides improving their businesses, companies should be aware of how business gas counsellors can help them. They serve as keys to control expenses on energy usage because of they know what strategies to implement to save on electrical costs. However, choosing the best one to hire can be quite challenging as there are lots of them today claiming to be the best fit for your company needs. This is why it’s extremely crucial to carefully assess each of your prospective ones.
To know about practical these enquiries are, read on.
How good is your track record with small businesses?
Asking to see the names of other businesses your size that have used the service is a good idea — assuming the information isn’t confidential. See if your potential provider has a list of customers who have agreed to speak about their experiences with the company or have published any testimonials on their website. It would be practical to check what other small businesses think of the services you are considering.
How does your pricing structure work?
What help you make the right decision for your small business is to find out the kilowatt per hour charges. However, there are a few other factors to consider like any spikes in pricing for different times of the day.
How do your payments work?
Remember, energy providers know they offer a valuable service and are part of the communities they serve. Recurring payments, fixed rates and online options are what energy providers may offer.
What innovations do you use to control costs?
The cloud and other IT technologies allow energy providers to give their customers real-time updates in many circumstances. Research on any technologies your provider uses to help save you on business gas costs and provide more efficient service.
How good is your market access?
A Third Party Intermediary (TPI) that has formed relationships with many business gas suppliers can confidently find you the most ideal arrangement for your requirements. Look at the spread of suppliers from which they would present you with offers. Credit availability is sometimes a barrier and it may be that your credit rating limits how many suppliers quote for your business.
How many suppliers do you place business with?
A wide spread indicates that your TPI is willing to search the entire market to satisfy customer requirements. To change business gas suppliers means majority of your TPI’s customers are concentrated around a few key suppliers which are offering the most favourable terms.
How will you help make an informed decision?
Ensure that your TPI delivers offers of business gas suppliers in a comparable way for the presented price, contract terms and conditions, pros and cons, and so on. You will want your TPI to present prices in a way that includes all likely charges, such as VAT, and they have a method for standardising estimates of difficult to forecast ‘pass through costs’ such as renewable energy incentives.
Why is the price of my energy so high?
Computing for energy costs may be a bit complex but it would surely be of help to know the basics. The wholesale price you pay for your energy isn’t the only cost involved. In fact, only 35% of the total unit cost of your energy is made up of the wholesale energy cost. So where does the other 65% come into play? Well, you have a variety of government charges (17%), network costs (23%), environmental & social obligation charges (13%), as well as your supplier operating costs (12%) added into the overall unit rate. Not forgetting the all-important standing charge, which will be added as a separate stand-alone additional fee to pay.
To change business gas suppliers over those who don’t want to lose money knows that the energy price may increase right now and sometime in the future. This is also true for the additional charges mentioned above. Unless you are on fixed rate contract the above elements of your unit rate are also subject to change. The government may decide to raise their fees if they so choose during their budget review each April. Now this doesn’t always mean that a fixed rate contract is best for you, as price and risk buffers are added into fixed unit rates to account for wholesale price rises and government tax rises, but what it does mean is that you will need an energy consultant with a keen eye to help you nip and tuck your supply agreements to make it bespoke to you and your business. If you are a larger business, bespoke pricing is a must and is imperative for a streamlined energy efficiency strategy.
As you have read above, companies should know everything about what business gasadvisors can do. Those who can give thorough explanations to each question can help businesses save on electricity bills. Take note of the number of suppliers they connect to, their strategies, and their investigative abilities. Don’t forget to ask about their pricing structure and track records. Candidates who are quick at responding to these questions deserve a spot in the company.